This year, my goal is to read 20 books. Seeing as I failed miserably in achieving my 35-book reading goal last year. I really should be more realistic when it comes to these things.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – J. K. Rowling
- Geek Magnet – Kieran Scott
- Runaway – Karla Maquiling
My goal this year is to read 35 books, as I’ve mentioned in this entry. It’s perhaps a bit unrealistic, considering that before this year, I read oh maybe about, zero to two books a year. But there’s nothing wrong with setting your goals high, and reading a lot of books isn’t even that high a goal anyway.
Here are the books I’ve finished reading:
- Dancing at Midnight – Julia Quinn
- The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins
- Catching Fire – Suzanne Collins
- Fifty Shades of Grey* – E L James
- Mockingjay – Suzanne Collins
- Ready Player One – Ernest Cline
- Kubori Strips for the Soul: 2nd Edition** – Alfredo Rosales, Michael David and Mark Navarro
- A Song of Ice and Fire Book One: A Game of Thrones – George R. R. Martin
- Bakit Hindi Ka Crush Ng Crush Mo? at iba pang technique kung paano makaka-move on sa wasak na puso – Ramon Bautista
- The Burglar Who Dropped In On Elvis; Like a Thief in the Night: a Bernie Rhodenbarr story; The Burglar Who Smelled Smoke*** – Lawrence Block (and Lynne Wood Block)
- Anthem – Ayn Rand
- The Burglar Who Traded Ted Williams – Lawrence Block
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – J. K. Rowling
* So I skipped over some parts because they were too gross (in my opinion), but I still read most of this book until the end so I think that counts as having read it.
** I know, this is a book that contains a compilation of comic strips. But still a book! So it counts.
*** So these three only count as one book because they’re actually short stories and were never printed on their own; only always as part of short story anthologies or in magazines. Though I did buy them from Amazon separately. But anyway.